- How can I join the CGIA Charter Program?
Whichever country you are, you only have to apply online or contact the admissions office directly for membership application details. Ones you complete the form and pay your one-off membership fee online, you will receive a confirmation email with your application status and membership document. Request for more information firstname.lastname@example.org
- What qualifications do I need to have to become a member?
The CGIA Charter Program is structured to accommodate professionals who are new to the investment and finance industry as well as experienced professionals.
PhD, MPhil, MBA, MA, M.Sc., B. A, B.Sc., B.Com., B. ED, HND, Diploma (Economics, Accounting, Management, Banking and Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Agriculture Economics, Business Administration, Marketing, Logistics and supply etc) ACCA, CIMG, ICA, ICM(UK) Prospective First Degree and HND Holders, Senior High School Certificates etc. Have more questions? Send us an email email@example.com
- Where does the CGIA Charter Program designation take you?
CGIA designation holders work in one of the following sectors:
- Asset Management
- Accounting & Finance
- Capital Markets
- Corporate Banking
- FX & Money Markets
- Hedge Funds FIND OUT MORE
- How long does it take for my application to be considered and approved?
Membership application usually takes between 3 – 5 working days for consideration and final approval. This is communicated to prospective member via email together with membership login details.
- How much does it cost to become a member of the CGIA Charter Program?
The investment involved in becoming a member of the CGIA Charter Program consist of the following:
- One off membership application fee
- Subscription fee (free for new members for the 1st year)
- Exam registration fee
- Certification fee
Kindly note that only one-off membership application fee is applicable at the early stages of the application. Subsequent fees as described will be due after the application is approved.
- How can I register for the CGIA exam?
Candidates can register for their exams online or manually by downloading the exam registration form here or visiting the admissions office for the application to be effected for you.
Click here if you are opting for the online exam registration
- When is the CGIA exam written
The CGIA professional examination at all levels is held in January and July of every year.
- Level I – January & July
- Level II – January & July
- Level III – January & July
- How is the CGIA Exam structured? Level I, etc…
The CGIA Charter Program examination is structured under three (3) levels each with 4 papers. Candidates are therefore anticipated to write 12 papers together in all the levels (exception of exemption) in order to qualify for the CGIA Charter Program designation. Read more about the exams structure here
- How many papers in all do I have to write to become a chartered member?
Candidates are expected to write 12 papers in all, 4 papers per level (I, II, III), except in the case where exemption is applicable due to a member’s qualification and relevance of such qualification to the CGIA Charter papers.
- When I will receive my examination results?
All examination results are communicated to members within 21 working days after such exam.
- What is the coverage of the CGIA Charter Program globally?
The CGIA Charter Program, through it’s accredited global body, GAFM is recognized in over 100 countries, 560 accredited global institutions and with over 10,000 members worldwide.
- How long does it take for me to receive my certificate?
One’s a candidate sits and passes all the papers for each level, and meets all their financial requirements (good standing), the certification process will be initialed. This will usually take between 21 business days from the day of application. Kindly note that this is after a candidate has paid the certification fee of US$299.
- How much does it cost to receive my final certificate?
Candidates who have written and passed all their papers from each level are to pay a certification fee of US$299. Certificate together with all relevant document will be processed and given to the candidate within 21 business days.